February 7, 2011

Eureka!

I had no success trying to find out the name of the artist who created the sculpture in yesterday's post, but in the course of my search, I finally discovered who created the alien-looking sculpture inside Fort Santiago in the old walled city of Intramuros which I posted back in October of 2009. It is the work of Filipino artist Eduardo Castrillo, who specializes in metal (mainly bronze and brass) sculptures, and is titled "Youth's Cry of Defiance."

metal sculpture inside Fort Santiago

8 comments:

George said...

The juxtaposition of this very modern sculpture with the old building behind it is very intresting.

brattcat said...

I agree with George. This is such a rich shot.

alex said...

for some reason, i keep thinking of grasshoppers with this photo.

Al said...

Yeah I saw that sculpture and I remember I was eating hotdog sandwich while staring at the artwork!

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful sculpture!They are dancing!
Léia :)

Dina said...

I rather like this one.
I just caught up with a week of your posts that I missed. You show us so many varied and interesting things.

Francisca said...

Another stylized sculpture, but this one has an element of funky to it I can appreciate. You've been doing this blog a long time, Hilda! :-)

Ayush said...

interesting sculpture, equally intriguing background