March 22, 2009

Playful breeze

The plaza and fountain in front of the main entrance of Robinsons Place Manila, part of a large chain of malls in the Philippines. This entrance is along Pedro Gil Street in Ermita, Manila. It has other entrances on two other streets, but I hear they're not as pretty.

fountain at the main entrance of Robinsons Place Manila

My sister and her three young daughters are arriving tonight for a visit again, this time for two weeks. Actually, she's here to get some much-needed dental work done. Even factoring in the cost of the airfare, she says it's less expensive to get it done here. I guess there's something to that medical tourism that our Department of Tourism is pushing. Like last October, I will try to post photos regularly and visit as much as I can, but if I can't, then you all know why. Have a wonderful week, everyone!

14 comments:

bertN said...

It will cost you an arm and a leg, probably a tooth, too, if you have dental work done here without insurance coverage. It is cheaper to have it done in our country, makakabisita at makakapasyal ka pa.

Vogon Poet said...

Good old times when I believed in the Tooth Fairy...
Have a wondeful week you too!

Jacob said...

That is doubtless the prettiest mall entrance I've ever seen!

Enjoy your time with your sister and nieces!

Marc said...

Have a great time with your sister and your nieces Hilda!

Afyonkarahisar said...

Wind dominated there. Building and a big wind. How are you my blog friends. I hope my job is in transit.

marley said...

Have a great week, hope your sister gets sorted out :)

lunarossa said...

So great that your sisters and nieces are visiting you again. Hope you'll have a great time together! Ciao. A.

Lois said...

I like the trees in this picture Hilda! Hope you enjoy your family's visit!

marley said...

Apologies are due. See yesterdays comments :)

Boise Diva said...

Enjoy your visitors!

Ming the Merciless said...

It looked very window because the palm tree leaves are swaying to one side.

As for medical tourism, I totally understand what you are talking about. I recently had my teeth cleaned and it cost US$100. The dentist told me I may have to get some of my caps redone at $200 each. And if I wanted to have my teeth capped, it would cost $1,000 each.

Health care is getting ridiculously expensive over here.

the donG said...

i like this mall. when i was reviewing this was one of the malls that i usually visit.

i was so happy seeing it renovated.

medical tourism will be bigger in the coming years.

Halcyon said...

I love those spurting fountains. The kids always have such fun playing in them.

Where does your sister live? I guess she has emigrated from The Philippines?

Joe Narvaez said...

That's new. I haven't been there for quite some time now. I miss the place.