April 29, 2012

Mid-day impressions

At La Luz Beach Resort in San Juan, Batangas.
 
cabanas at La Luz Beach Resort in San Juan, Batangas Cabanas for day-trippers. If you're willing to rough it, you can stay here overnight too, falling asleep to the sound of the waves. (We stayed in a beach-front air-conditioned room—we're wusses.)
 
rocks on the shoreline of La Luz Beach Resort in San Juan, Batangas Small rocks…

big rock on the shoreline of La Luz Beach Resort in San Juan, Batangas lead to a big rock at the end of the cove which make up the beaches of Laiya and Hugom. The big rock also marks the end of La Luz's property.
 a bangka named Lady Jane at La Luz Beach Resort in San Juan, Batangas Lady Jane. The bangka is the most common fishing boat and water transport in the country-archipelago that is the Philippines. It is an outrigger canoe, and the outriggers are usually made of bamboo. The roof is optional, and, for smaller boats, so is the engine.
 a floating platform at La Luz Beach Resort in San Juan, Batangas A floating platform for swimmers who have no fear of deep ocean water.

Will I recommend La Luz Beach Resort? I guess it depends on what kind of accommodations you like when at the beach. Me, I like to constantly feel that I am at the beach, not in a fancy hotel that can be in any city. When I walk out the room, I want to feel sand between my toes after a few steps. And I want to be able to walk around anywhere in my swimsuit, dripping wet and trailing sand, and not have to worry about messing up furniture or carpets. If that sounds like you too, then yes, I highly recommend La Luz.

10 comments:

Dina said...

Oh cool! Next time I'm coming with you.
Well ... maybe first I should ask, are there snakes, spiders, bad bugs?

So the white things on the cabanas become the walls?

Rob Siemann said...

Looks like paradise

Stefan Jansson said...

I agree with you. Who needs a fancy hotel. This looks like a place for me.

Warren said...

looks like a very pretty and peaceful place to relax

XoXo said...

gorgeous and looks like the right place for me too, great looking cabanas and the floater is a great addition - adventure!

Lowell said...

That sounds like me, on occasion. I'd enjoy a few days in a place like this very much! It's quite beautiful and looks to be a great place to retreat and renew one's spirit.

At the end of that time, though, I would probably want to rough it at the nearest Hilton! :-)

brattcat said...

how very beautiful.

Unknown said...

Me gusta esta serie.

Unknown said...

Wish I was there! Love the cabanas on top.

Gunn said...

Lady Jane looks pretty, and the same I will say about the place.