February 20, 2013

Too many choices

stalls at the Greenhills tiangge It started as an occasional bazaar, but the huge Greenhills tiangge is now almost all-year-round, and airconditioned too. It's the breaks that are now occasional, so some stalls can be changed to reflect the season (like Christmas or school opening). This is just one corridor of the bazaar, which regularly has sections for shoes, clothes, jewelry, and home accessories. The tiangge is now celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year, and the special section (which I wasn't able to take a photo of, unfortunately) included Chinese delicacies, and all manner of figurines and charms meant to bring luck during this Year of the Water Snake.

8 comments:

LONDONLULU said...

I love this 'birds-eye' view. To wander all those stalls...how marvelous, and so much to see! Hope your Chinese New Year is off to a great start.

Lowell said...

Looks like a fun place. But I agree about too many choices. Walking through any store, I marvel at the many options available for just about any product. Do we really need all these possibilities? It's too hard to make a decision!

Unknown said...

upon seeing this bazaar, I suddenly have this feeling of wanting to go to Greenhills and buy stuffs randomly. Impulsive buyer mode hehe

Cezar and Léia said...

hmmm I could be there for hours as I love this kind of market!
Léia

PerthDailyPhoto said...

A super spot to spend a few hours Hilda, you would be sure to find something fab in amongst all those stalls!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

It looks like an indoor flea market.

Halcyon said...

Wow! I'm not even sure where to look!!! :)

Photo Cache said...

I hope the price reflects the tiangge pricing though even if it's location is upscale so to speak.

I love the Christmas tiangges in Manila before.