March 28, 2013

Compare and contrast

Filipino kinilaw na tuna and Mexican ceviche Anthropologist Fernando Zialcita and Chef Gene Gonzalez's "Exploring Filipino Taste in Seven Courses" is always fascinating, even though we've gone through it several times. For the appetizer, we compared the flavors of Davao's Kinilaw na Tuna (fresh tuna with sea salt, radish, shallots, cucumber, coconut cream) and Mexico's Ceviche (with lime juice, orange juice, chili, ginger, garlic, onions, corn on the cob). What I like most about the program are the historical, cultural, and culinary anecdotes from Dr. Zialcita and Chef Gene. Although the food's pretty good, too.

11 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

They both sound delicious. bon apetit!

crocrodyl said...

Sounds yummy:)

Rob Siemann said...

Interesting, and it looks gorgeous as well!

Tamera said...

Well I don't know, that might be too challenging for me! I admit that I might be the only Filipino in the world that doesn't like seafood. Ha ha.

Lowell said...

Is that raw tuna? If so I think I'd like the informational part best. :)

I will be on/off for a few days.

Cezar and Léia said...

I'm not sure if it's my kind of meal, anyway very interesting indeed! :)
Dear Hilda, Cezar, Luna and I wish you a Happy Easter, lots of love lights, peace and love to your heart!
Léia

Karl said...

Looks yummy!

Kay said...

This looks like a wonderful program, very interesting! And the food looks great, too. Yum!

George said...

This sounds like an interesting -- and delicious -- event.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure to try it but... it looks quite interesting! Best regards

raf said...

Wonderful! Lucky you!
If that program were available here I would be first in line, for the same reasons you mention.