June 25, 2014

Mall creatures

Leeroy New's Garden of Earthly Delights "The real world is where the monsters are."
~Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"Garden of Earthly Delights" in The Gallery of Greenbelt 5 is artist Leeroy New's latest exhibition. I have featured some of his works before: the alien on a tumor, a spiky red balete, and two lovely young ladies in fluorescent plastic. His work is unmistakable and can seem more like creatures from nightmares. An article in Circuit magazine's website about this exhibit is quite educational. Even after reading it, though, I still wouldn't want any of his works in my home.

5 comments:

Lowell said...

I think a more apt title would be "Creepy Critters"! :)

William Kendall said...

They rate as peculiar!

Sharon said...

I may be the odd man out but, I find these very interesting. I agree, I wouldn't want one in my home, but I would certainly go to a gallery and have a look a them. I looked at all the links you posted and read that article. Interesting commentary. I kind of liked the horse sculpture in the Hermes window.

LOLfromPasa said...

Different, I would have to say :).

Dyan said...

Check out also the new Ayala Malls Cloverleaf.