May 25, 2014

Bamboo

bamboo hut on stilts "Study the teachings of the pine tree, the bamboo, and the plum blossom. The pine is evergreen, firmly rooted, and venerable. The bamboo is strong, resilient, unbreakable. The plum blossom is hardy, fragrant, and elegant."
~Morihei Ueshiba (1883–1969), Japanese martial artist and founder of aikido

I saw this bamboo hut on stilts behind Earth Kitchen. I don't know if it's theirs or if it belongs to the plant nursery beside them, but it would be a nice place to have a meal on a cool day or evening. It'll be tough on the waiters, though.

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

Particularly with a large tray, it would be hard on them.

That spiral stair is appealing.

Cloudia said...

That would be lovely!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Karl said...

Lovely and interesting construction, nice!

Linda said...

I would not want to be a waiter with all those steps!

Lowell said...

Beautiful. I'd like one of these in my back yard!