May 17, 2014

Harmony

Earth Kitchen's Tempura Salad "If I must choose between healthy and tasty, I go for the second; having only one life to waste,
it might as well be a pleasurable one."
~Yotam Ottolenghi, Israeli-born chef and restaurateur

Mr Ottolenghi will approve of Earth Kitchen's Tempura Salad—it is both tasty and healthy. Fish and prawn tempura on a bed of organic and naturally-grown tomatoes and greens, topped with nori, and served with a roasted sesame seed dressing.

I just learned today that tempura was introduced to Japan by Portuguese Jesuit missionaries in the 16th century! And all this time I thought it was a quintessential Japanese dish.

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Sure looks tasty.

hamilton said...

Interesting to learn what happens when we travel the world!

Lowell said...

One's definition of "tasty" depends upon one's upbringing and experience. But one can also learn new tastes. I'd certainly give this a try.

William Kendall said...

It looks like a good meal for those who like seafood!

Tamera said...

That looks VERY tempting! (I love tempura!)

Massimo said...

too early and this time for this nice dish... but I'll pass at noon :-)
saluti e buon week end

Haddock said...

Oh yes any time tasty food....