July 15, 2013

A fountain for a hero

fountain of Liwasang Bonifacio I've already posted a photo of the grand central fountain of Liwasang Bonifacio (Bonifacio Park) with the Manila Central Post Office in the background. This is what the fountain looks like from the post office, with the clock tower of Manila City Hall just peeking above the plumes of water and a view of the heavy weekday traffic of Manila. The park is named after Andres Bonifacio (whose statue is on the far side of the fountain, beside the street), considered the father of the Philippine Revolution against Spanish colonial rule.

6 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Beautiful fountain.

Olivier said...

une magnifique fontaine

Cezar and Léia said...

Love this composition, the fountain is spectacular and I like the sculpture detail as well!
hugs
Léia

Lowell said...

Nicely composed and it's a gorgeous fountain. I also like the hazy skyline in the background.

Missy said...

I've never noticed that fountain when I used to walk to Manila Post Office coming from our school when I was in College :-)

Photo Cache said...

I've been away from dear PI too long to remember this fountain.