July 22, 2013

Man in blue

President Aquino at the 2013 Ignatian Festival My husband and I attended the Ateneo de Manila University's Ignatian Festival last Saturday, which was keynoted by the president of the Philippines, Benigno S. Aquino III, an alumnus of the university.
 President Aquino at the 2013 Ignatian FestivalThe only other person on the stage during the opening talks was the university president, Fr. Jose Ramon T. Villarin SJ. It is widely known that President Aquino is not a morning person, so I guess it shouldn't have irritated us that he was 40 minutes late.

5 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

He does not heed to be on time. When you are President of the country, none of your meetings start until you get there.

Tamera said...

I can relate. I'm not a morning person either ;^)

Lowell said...

I dunno. If he had important state business to conduct, that's one thing. If he was just sleeping in, that's another! :)

Photo Cache said...

I think it's a given that VIPs don't come on time.

George said...

Perhaps your president and our president are related. Still, it must have been an honor to hear President Aquino in person.