July 19, 2013

Sweet sleeping beauty

flower that goes to sleep at night I don't know what this flower is, but it bloomed one day in our front yard and now, several bushes line the curbside. All I know is, the flowers go to sleep at night and only wake up if they're kissed by the sun. And bees seem to like them more than any others we have.

I confess, we ended up with nameless flowers because I bought several seed packs of different perennials several years ago, planted all of them in the front yard, and tossed the packets. I like surprises.

5 comments:

Photo Cache said...

what is life without surprises, right?

the flower looks vaguely familiar. the leaves though are not. i hope you'll find out what this sleeping beauty is.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I don't know what type of flower it is either, but I like it, although I am sure that the bees like it even more.

Cezar and Léia said...

Your picture is wonderful, so gorgeous flower!
Hugs
Léia

Lowell said...

There's no question of its beauty. Looks a little bit like a pansy, I think. But I don't know much about floral stuff.

Unknown said...

It's so beautiful! No idea what it is either.