July 23, 2013

But of course!

Because of the presence of the President of the Philippines during the Ignatian Festival (see yesterday's post), all participants (and the working staff too, for that matter) had to go through bag and body checks by the Presidential Security Group (PSG). There was even a special check for cameras. I just had to prove that my camera really is a camera—by taking a photo of something.
 camera check for the Presidential Security Group
So I took a photo of the PSG guy checking cameras. The poor man lightly protested, saying it might end up being posted somewhere. Guess what my reply was.

6 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I guess they figure it its a working camera it can't be dangerous. Good shot tho.

Stefan Jansson said...

I hope you gave him your card.

Al said...

I had to go through security checks to get my camera in when President Obama was speaking, but they didn't make me take a photo to prove anything. I like your response!

Lowell said...

If he was really worried you had something other than a camera, say a gun disguised as a camera, he wasn't too smart to have you point it at him and hit ze button, heh? :)

George said...

This is a neat picture and response. You have a quick wit about you.

Lindsey said...

Ha - great story