July 10, 2008

Green mall

One thing I love about the different Ayala Malls all over Metro Manila is how they always try to add greenery to their spaces. If most of the lot is filled by the structure and the parking lots, then they add them to open spaces on the upper levels. This is the north end of Trinoma, which is open from the second to the fifth level. Aside from trees and other plants, there are also fountains on some levels. And this isn't the only green oasis in the mall. On one side of this particular oasis is a view of the northern part of Quezon City and Caloocan City. On the mall side, all restaurants. Have I mentioned that Filipinos love to eat?

Trinoma

9 comments:

Eki said...

Big cities like Manila (and Bandung where I live) certainly need creative ideas like this to make them greener and more environmentally friendly. Bravo, Manila!

Jane Hards Photography said...

What Aa fabulous idea. don't think my hair would apprecate the moisture but the rest of me would.Lovely image.

Layrayski said...

Nice one Ayala! Cool! (I miss saying cool)

Ken Mac said...

I have never seen a mall in the US with that amount of greenery. Not only does that clean the air, it must make shopping a more luxurious experience. Nice Greens!

 gmirage said...

Cool breeze inside...I am not sure if I know Trinoma lol, nor Serendra and haven't been to MOA. Last I was in PI was 2005 and they weren't there yet...

marley said...

Nice to have this while shopping. We have a garden in one of our shopping arcades. It used to have trees too, but they got so big (due to the glass roof!) that they were taken out :(

Petrea Burchard said...

That's a great way to find green space!

Unknown said...

The greenery will make me relaxed:-)

BTW, thank you very much for the comments on my blog!! Have a nice weekend

Vlado&Toni said...

wow, those are real plants? amazing, they thrive so well.