July 2, 2008

Last call

The Institute of Philippine Culture building (actually the Frank Lynch, SJ Hall) was the location of my office for two years. Yesterday, we moved to a different building—furniture, equipment and tons of paper—and today, I finally got my desk into some semblance of order. This shot of the front doors of the IPC building was taken on Saturday, June 28, at 3:30 in the afternoon. I stayed late to pack up my things for the transfer, and since I was the last person in the building, I had to call security to arm the alarm and lock the metal grill gates and glass doors. I didn't post the picture immediately because there was always the possibility that I'd stay late Monday night too. But I didn't, so this is my memento of my last call to security from IPC.

locking the IPC building

10 comments:

Debbie Courson Smith said...

For a security grill, it doesn't look bad. When I read your post, I was imagining all the ugly grills I saw when I was in NY earlier this year. I hope you get settled in at your new work spot.

Bill said...

Change seems to be a constant companion these days. My projects are being shut down, and I now find myself looking for a new job, with the distinct possibility of needing to move. Perhaps there will be a parting shot from Delta in my future :(

Layrayski said...

So... do you like your new office?

Ken Mac said...

I work at home, but would like to change my office! Hope you have a bigger space with a wonderful view...take some pics!

Knoxville Girl said...

I know how stressful it can be to move an office - nothing is where it used to be, and I can't find my report! wah! I hope you like your new office and settle in quickly.

Louis la Vache said...

Whether moving next door or across the world, moving is the same amount of work. No one's idea of fun. Punishment maybe, but not fun...

"Louis" thanks you for your visits to San Francisco Bay Daily Photo.

"Louis" is up past his cowbell in a work project for the next several weeks, so he may stop by and take a look but not sign the 'guest registry'.

Steve Buser said...

Moving to a new office is such a disruption. When I have done that I find it takes a couple months of more before I feel comfotable again.

Harry Makertia said...

So, that's why you stop posting for 4 days!

Hilda said...

Yes, Harry. I've just been so stressed out with the moving and the ongoing construction, I couldn't even go online to visit other blogs. So sorry. I'm going to post again, but I still don't know if I can visit much. =(

Ming the Merciless said...

Good luck with the move and new office.