August 6, 2013

School history

Heritage Room of the Ateneo de Manila Grade School As I promised, here is the Heritage Room of the Ateneo de Manila Grade School where yesterday's mural is located. The room displays mementos from the school's 150-year history, and statues of the Immaculate Conception, the school's patroness, and St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuit order which runs the school. Another room off to the right, which I wasn't able to take a photo of, features portraits of all past headmasters of the Ateneo Grade School, who have all been Jesuit so far. If I'm not mistaken, the Heritage Room was built soon after the school celebrated its sesquicentennial in 2009.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Hilda. I hope the other Ateneos (especially the one from where I am from) can also put up their own heritage repositories and memorabilia centers. Thanks for this picture

Cezar and Léia said...

An elegant room, I like a lot the decoration. :)
Léia

Janet said...

A very attractive and informative display.

Unknown said...

I love those benches!

Sharon said...

This school has a lot of history to display. I wish all schools would keep a history room. I think it would encourage children to enjoy history.

Lowell said...

Amazing! What elementary school would have such a room? But then, most elementary schools don't have a history like this one!

VP said...

This room is really amazing, my compliment to the organizers and the keepers!

LOLfromPasa said...

Fantastic room. Not at all what I was expecting to see :).

Alexander said...

That's a nice room to be a Heritage room. :)

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex